This past weekend, one of my friends and I decided to go spend the weekend at Cape Cod. Neither of us had ever been there and we thought it would be nice to go now, before the weather gets colder.
On Saturday morning we got up bright and early. The Husband was kind enough to drive me to her place. We had an idea of the places we wanted to see. We had been on the wonderful blog of Mathilde, another French expat living in Boston. She travels a lot around the US and has even published a few travel guides in France. She had a couple of articles about Cape Cod that you can find here and here (This last one is only in French).
We decided to follow some of her advice and did the following itinerary:
- Sandwich: where Mathilde had recommended to stop at the “Coffee Roost”
- Scargo Observation Tower in Dennis
- Lunch at the “Sir Cricket” in Orleans
- A quick stop at Nauset Light Beach
- Provincetown and Race Point Beach
- Chatham Lighthouse
- Dinner at George’s Pizza in Harwich
- We ended the day at the Mariner Motor Lodge in West Yarmouth
- JFK Memorial and Korea War Memorial in Hyannis
- We rented bikes at the Cycle Corner in Falmouth in order to do a portion of the Shining Sea Bikeway
- We headed back to Boston
It was a very successful trip to Cape Cod. We got to see almost everything that we wanted to and we definitely will be going back.
In the coming days, I will be uploading more detailed posts about each of the places that we visited. I will link them to this article.
Have you been to Cape Cod? Where did you go? What would you recommend visiting? What did you like the most?